category: Immigration

How to Get a Job Offer from a Canadian Employer

How to Get a Job Offer from a Canadian Employer

Do you want to settle and spread roots in Canada? Do you want to secure an independent financial future for yourself? If you are, you might surely have considered getting employed by a Canadian employer and have wondered how to go about it! Immigrating to Canada is not going to be a hassle for you because we at Humble Immigration, an ICCRC approved PR and Immigration Visa Consultancy, will help you figure the ins and outs to getting a job offer from a Canadian Employer! Scroll on to get to know some effective techniques and steps that you can take!

Finding a job from Overseas to settle in Canada.

While we are looking at the ways in which you can immigrate to Canada, getting a job offer being one of them, there are in fact certain professions that do not require a work permit (such as business owners, investors, skilled workers, etc.

Networking to get your job offer letter under LMIA

The most obvious thing you can do to get a job offer is to focus on networking. If you have any relatives and friends in Canada, make use of that. Having connections surely helps. But before that, your potential employer should have an LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) which basically permits them to hire foreign workers.


These employment /recruiting agencies are employed by Canadian employers, to find suitable workers for their vacancies. They are also referred to as ‘ head hunters’

Canvassing employers

This option is a personal step you can take to gain control of your employment. Simply look for a job posting and then contact the potential Canadian employer by reaching out to them. They might also be impressed by your initiative and take-charge attitude.

Online Resources

The internet is at the tip of your finger and you have to use this valuable resource. Lookup for job postings on sites such as LinkedIn, Job Bank, Indeed, Monster, etc.

Getting a Job Offer in Canada

If you can visit Canada to look up the opportunities available, there are two ways in which you can try getting a job offer.

  • Looking for work on a TRV (Temporary Resident Visa: While visiting as a tourist, you can do your research. However you have to ensure two things here – you cannot work in Canada as a visitor. It is illegal. You will also have to leave Canada and only then apply for a work permit.
  • Working as a student: If you have got admission and thus accepted to study in Canada, and have therefore applied for a study permit, you can work in three ways - on campus, off-campus, or after graduation. There are some rules to these which you will have to accept but other than that, it’s pretty understandable in this regard.  

We hope this will help you! If you still have any queries, feel free to drop a call or email. Check our contact us page to reach us out

Post views: 684