What are CAIPS Notes?
The CAIPS stands for Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System. The CAIPS notes are in an electronic format and give information related to your Visa applications. Generally, these notes apply in cases of refusal from the Canadian embassy. They provide details about your application and reasons where it lacked. As an applicant, you can access these notes to determine the status of your file in Visa Processing. It generally gives a clear idea of why there has been a delay or decline in your application. These notes are monitored by CIC, who check the documentation and authentication of details filled by the applicant
Who can apply for CAIPS Notes?
As an applicant, if you have not received any response from the authorities or want to know the cause of your file declining, you can apply for CAIPS notes through a registered approved consultant. They are available for student visas, temporary or permanent residence, visitor visas, and employment authorizations. Humble Immigrants is proficient in handling such cases and offers their expertise to answer your queries.
When can you apply?
You can apply for your CAIPS notes only after your visa processing has reached a particular stage. It varies on the type of visa you've applied for. For example, if you have applied for Permanent Residence in Canada, you can apply for CAIPS after 2 to 3 months. It is because the documents pass the R10 completeness check stage, usually after a month of application.
How to apply for CAIPS notes?
Before applying for CAIPS notes, it is advised that you are in the presence of a registered and approved consultant who can assist you throughout the process. It is because they can let you know of some things which you might not be aware of. Nonetheless, you can apply for CAIPS notes on your own as well. The process includes:
- Request CAIPS from CIC or IRCC
- Download the application kit from GCMS (Global Case Management System notes).
- Fill the CAIPS file check application form along with the consent form- IMM5744 and sign it.
- Send the complete form via e-mail or fax.
- Make the required payments.
- You must possess two numbers unique to your visa application: Application
Number and Unique Client Identifier number. The former is compulsory while the latter is not. The UCI number is client-specific, while the application number varies. /p>
Processing time for CAIPS Notes:
Usually, it takes around 30-60 days of processing time for CAIPS notes. However, if the IRCC has a load of requests, they will notify you about the extension. Interpretation of CAIPS notes is also available because of the ambiguous and technical language of the notes. It takes 5-6 working days for interpretation after the notes arrive.
Why apply for CAIPS notes?
- Determine the file status: If you are anxious about the status of your file in Visa processing, you can apply for the notes to determine the prospects of your file and take action accordingly.
- Information about the filed documents: If you are unsure about your documentation, you can check the CAIPS notes to see if you have missed or misfiled anything.
- Refusal and Reapplication: The CAIPS notes tell you where your application lacks and what you can improve while reapplying.
CAIPS notes are of great use to individuals anxiously waiting to go to Canada to fulfill their dreams. Humble Immigrants help such people by offering their specialized visa services. They assist you in completing your immigration process without any hassle.