The Canadian Experience Class is for experienced and skilled workers who have Canadian work experience and want to become Canadian permanent residents.

What is the minimum eligibility?

You should meet the necessary language levels required for your work for every language capacity

  • writing
  • reading
  • listening
  • speaking

have something like 1 year of work experience in Canada, over the most recent 3 years before you apply—you can meet this in a couple of various ways:

  • full-time at 1 work: 30 hours/week for a year = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
  • the equivalent sum in part-time work: for instance 15 hours/week for two years = 1-year full time (1,560 hours)

You can work however many part-time occupations as you need to meet this necessity.

Have acquired your work experience by working in Canada while under temporary resident status with approval to work.

Non eligibility for the Canadian Experience Class -

  • If you’re a refugee in Canada
  • If you’re working without authorization
  • If You gained your work experience without temporary resident status in Canada.

What kind of work experience do I need to apply for PR under the Canadian Experience Class?

To apply for a PR under the Canadian Experience Class, your skilled work experience must:

  • Be in a work included as skill type 0, or skill level A or B according to the 2016 National Occupational Classification,
  • Be at least one year of full-time (or an equal amount or work in part-time) in the last previous three years,
  • Have been with or under an employer in Canada (self-employment will not make you eligible),
  • Be gained with the proper and legal authorization (for example, as a legal worker with a valid work permit), and
  • Not to be gained while you were on a student permit and studying.


Send your Query